Being married is a dream for many, men and women alike, and when the day arrives you feel everything shining brighter, the day being perfect and the mood is set on happy and emotional. But, before you walk the aisle, what cements the wedding is the confession of love and asking each other if they want to spend the rest of their lives together. Yes, I am talking about the engagement.
While choosing the perfect engagement ring
Choosing an engagement ring is not a small feat and you cannot order it online after scrolling through a few designs. It needs planning and discussions, i.e. unless you know exactly what your partner wants and the size of their finger. It is not like you can search online, like gold bracelet designs with weight and you can choose any one. There are five things that you should be mindful about when you are buying the engagement ring:
- Set a budget – it marks a special moment of your life; hence the price will also be very special. While a lot of you believe that the ideal engagement ring should be worth two months’ of your salary, this is a misguided notion. Ideally, every couple is different, every person is different and the budget depends on how much you are willing to spend. Set a budget which has a minimum and a maximum limit so that you feel is doable and you are comfortable with, you do not want any trace of regret in your decision.
- The right size – very much like the glass slipper of Cinderella, the right size can do wonders but in this case, the wonder is for the person who is planning on a surprise proposal. For couples shopping for the rings together, you will be asked for your respective sizes and if you are not aware then it will be measured for you.
- Choosing the diamond – the finalizing the budget makes your choice much easier. When you are choosing the diamond, keep in mind the four Cs. The Cut, Color, Clarity and the Carat. There is a chart for the color and clarity of the diamond ranging from G to Z but they have a F grade which means flawless. The Carat weight determines the cost of the diamond. Larger the diamond, rarer it is and hence pricier. How bright the diamond will shine is all determined by the Cut.
- Choose the metal – the forever band is precious and the metal you choose should reflect that promise. Platinum and gold ring designs for women are the most sought after choices when it comes to engagement rings. While you can definitely opt for rose gold or white gold that looks similar to platinum, it is platinum you should opt for if you want durability.
- The ring setting – how the stone is set and secured in the metal band is another aspect you should focus on. This is determined by the shape and cut of the diamond. Whether you opt for the prong setting or the Victoria one, the right setting makes the diamond work wonders.
While in this era, it does not matter who is proposing to whom, what matters is your sincerity and honoring your promises to each other.