Everything evolves with the passage of time. New techniques and technologies get invented for the improvement of an already existing state. These techniques are then implemented to achieve advancement. Moving forward and embracing change has been the way of life ever since the dawn of time. Therefore, there have been several advancements in many aspects in just the past few years which have been ground-breaking. One of such advancements that has innovated the developmental process of products for all industries is 3D product rendering.
The creation of a CGI 3D image of a product with the help of a technologically advanced computer program is referred to as product rendering. The rendered image of a product is high-definition and can be viewed from all directions with every possible angle perceivable. This is usually utilized for the advertisement of certain products since it shows all physical features of any product which is not possible for an actual captured image. It also provides professional-looking visuals that are crafted to engage the customer instantly. It has become so common that most Product Photography Service companies have started to include 3D product rendering in their packages.
A good example of a product rendering used for advertisement would be mobile phone commercials. Most mobile phone commercials have taken to showing their smartphone designs with the help of product rendering because it can show the different features, like body, camera placement, power and headphone jacks, cover color, etc., as well as appealing to the customer with the 3D imagery that catches the viewer’s attention.
Advantages of Product Rendering
Here are five benefits of product rendering on the process of product development:
1. No Prototype Needed
Image creation of products always requires an actual prototype of those products. To procure a 3D rendered image of your product, however, requires no such prototypes and can be simply done on a computer.
- Since no prototype is required, the time and money which would have been wasted on the prototype are saved.
- There is also no need for using your facilities to create excess prototypes.
- Not making a prototype increase the efficiency of the developmental process by 40%.
2. Display Product Variations
The general public demands variety as time goes on so each product in the market has many different types on the basis of color, size, gender it may be catered to, etc. Each type is designed to attract a different demographic. However, procuring photography or videography for each variation can be quite bothersome. Therefore, many industries have taken to utilize 3D product rendering to showcase their product features and variations.
- Showcase different types of a single product without having to produce multiple prototypes.
- Save time of taking individual high-quality imagery for all variations of a single product.
- Create a single 3D image and simply apply color, size, or feature change to the image with a few clicks.
3. Simplify Product Designing Process
The designing process of a product can be quite a challenge, especially to first-time developers. It can also be quite costly since the first draft is never the last so utilizing 3D product rendering early on in the development process can give the designers an idea of what might work for the product or not.
- 3D rendering makes the process of product designing efficient.
- It cuts the brainstorming time in half by instantly showing all ideas in the form of a 3D image so the designers know what they are working with.
- You can easily add or subtract certain features in the product even in later stages of development without any significant increase in costs.
4. Market Your Product
99% of all products on the digital market are advertised with the help of imagery. If you do not have Ecommerce Product Photography for your products then your product is not received as well as your competition. 3D product rendering is the new product photography that has been proven to be cheaper as well as less time-consuming.
- Get high-definition 3D images for your products at low prices.
- Increase customer engagement.
- Double your net profits.
5. Work Out Problems Beforehand
Another thing about product development is that most things only seem like a good idea before the vision is brought to life. Many developers, experienced and new, believe in the concept of trying repeatedly until they achieve the best result. Therefore, 3D product rendering is used so that any kinks can be worked out in advance.
For example, if you create a headphone with a unique design of earplugs, you cannot know if they work properly or not unless you can produce their prototypes and physically test them yourself. If you find out that they are faulty too late in the process, you are at risk of losing a lot of money. 3D rendering of those earplugs, on the other hand, will show you that new design in use and if it may be uncomfortable to wear or not.
- Reduce chances of risk by 80%.
- Save money from not having to make too many faulty prototypes as 3D rendering of your product basically works as a simulation to determine if your product works.
- Work out all possible problems of your product before the development process even starts.
Product Rendering As Compared to Product Photography
Product rendering is a more advanced technique than product photography therefore it is bound to have some perks over it.
- Product photography requires the development of a prototype while product rendering only needs a computer program.
- Product photography does not help much in the product development process while 3D product rendering has facilitated product development to the point that it might depend on it completely in the future.
- Product photography is more expensive than product rendering.
- 3D rendering has been proven to engage people more into buying than product photography.
- Different variations of a product can be shown more effectively in product rendering than in product photography.
- Product photography is also more time consuming than product rendering.
All in all product rendering seems like the right step towards a more innovative future. It is a far more efficient process of marketing as well as developing products. Its use is increasing day by day and very soon it will take over the development industries across the globe.