To ensure that your site is easily found in this web world to will need to optimize the search engine with your content especially. Well, you can either do it yourself manually or take help of professional experts who will use the most advanced tools and software to ensure better SEO results.
If you choose to do it manually, make sure that you use the advanced settings options whole designing each page or post. This is an easy to use option that will come together with a guide that will show you each and every step to address the issues with the real canonical tags for the links.
You may also use the WordPress Post Redirect or Quick Page plugin. This is another useful method that will allow you to:
- Save a lot of time in the process
- Particularly transmute the old pages into new ones and
- Leave behind a trail of broken links as well.
All you have to do is simply install this plugin and then add the old URL slugs in bulk following it with adding the new version of each page. You will see a lot of SEO experts use this plugin along with the Broken Link Checker plugin. If you follow their suit it will help you to identify those specific URLs that you need to redirect.
You may visit some of the most reliable sites such as https://keywordfyrebird.com and others to know about more such SEO-focused tools. These tools will crawl into your website just like the search engines so that it can make an audit of the common issues in it. Two of the most common crawl issues that are found in almost every site plaguing these are:
- Duplicate content and
- Broken links commonly called as 404 errors.
However, if you are not using a content management system such as WordPress you will need to focus on editing the .htaccess file of the site. This will help you to include the 301 redirects to it. It is strongly recommended that you educate yourself beforehand regarding the 301 redirects to use it and it is best in this regards to take some professional help.
Ensure mobile friendliness
You must admit the fact that if your web page is not mobile-friendly then you will lose a lot. You will not have the desired SEO and lose the competition. According to several studies, more than 54% Facebook users access their account exclusively through their mobile devices. That means if you consider the current figure of1.65 billion active Facebook users in a month, this number will come to roughly 900 million mobile users. That is surely a huge number.
To make sure that you reach out to these large number of mobile users easily, you will simply have to make your site mobile friendly.
- However, there are several different ways in which you can make your site mobile friendly but it is best to start with the Google tool.
- The advanced setting options will also help you in this regard.
- You can also use the different WordPress themes as most of these are typically mobile friendly these days.
- If that does not suit you then you can always install a plugin for that matter.
- Apart from all these you can also implement the suggestions provided by Google from the tool yourself.
- And last but not least, you can always hire a professional to make the required changes.
It is only a mobile friendly site that will increase your reach, SEO and rankings in the SERPs.
Page loading speed
While making your site mobile friendly, you must specifically focus on the page speed as this is the most important aspect in this matter. Users are not only annoyed and frustrated when a page takes more than a couple of seconds to load but they will also leave the site and move on to the next one in such situations.
Therefore, make sure you value the time of the users more than anything else and ensure that the pages do not take a long time to load by avoiding including the following:
- Too many pictures
- Long video and audio files
- Too many graphics and animations and others.
These will kill your conversions absolutely. Instead, you must follow the speed industry benchmarks set by Google recently that has also proved that slow websites have a low traffic and a low rank among the search engines.
According to Google, if a page takes more than seven second to download, the probability of the bounce rate, which is the measure of the visitors leaving your site, to increase is 113%. Longer the time a page takes to download higher will be the probability percentage of the bounce rate.
- You can use the advanced setting options to know about the loading speed of your page but the best tool to use for this matter is the Test My Site tool of Google. This will provide you with a quick reading on how well your site is doing and at the same time how much and what are the work left for you to tackle.
- However, you can also use another useful tool called Pingdom to track the page speed over time. This tool will help you to monitor the performance of your site in general and along with that it will show the uptime. Using this tool you can also track your website remotely from different other locations all over the world.
These tools will help you to ensure that your site is in tip-top condition especially if you are targeting the multilingual users internationally.
It is proved through several tests that there are a few specific low-hanging fruits that may help you to increase the speed of your website and at the same time help you to extract that additional second for downloading to improve the user experience or UX.
Therefore, make sure that you monitor your site from time to time to look for the biggest issues in it and use the best tool in hand to resolve it for a better SEO.