According to Internet Live Stats, there are about 1.8 billion websites live now, and there are about 4.5 billion internet users. And these numbers are increasing exponentially!
So in this day and age, YOU need a website, if you are one of the following:
- A small / medium business owner.
- A self-employed / freelancer who sells offline.
- A self-employed / freelancer who sells services online.
- A content creator who wants to monetize his creative creations.
One Time Fee VS Subscription Fee
There is the classic approach, which is the one-time “big” fee. When hiring a development or design company to build your website, you will have to pay for your website one-time, and it’s yours. This approach has its own benefits, and its’ own drawbacks. Unfortunately, the drawbacks can be a little more; since you will be taking care of everything by yourself once you get your site delivered.
Kings of the Web utilizes a new business model called SAAS – Software as a Service , which is being implemented by many software companies like Netflix. By paying a subscription fee, you will then be allowed to use their software as a service during the subscription period.
Our recommendation will always be towards the subscription model, because it will allow you to have a minimal risk when you start your endeavors in the online world.
Is it a CMS or Static HTML?
You can have your website developed/designed in either of two ways:
- CMS (Content Management System): There is a control panel / dashboard for your website, that you as an admin / site owner / publisher can control all aspects of the website. You will be able to add / edit / remove content for your website.
- Static HTML: And this is the least popular choice, since you will not be able to modify the content of your website unless you are the webmaster / developer who created the website.
So before you start, you will be asking yourself the question if you will be modifying content and / or adding to your website in the future or not.
Is it E-commerce / Online Store?
The next most important questions to ask you before starting are, will it have payment gateways? Will I be selling products? Will I be at least showcasing my products / services and let people purchase / subscribe on my website? If you answered YES, to any of these questions, then you definitely need an e-commerce / online store which will most probably cost more than the normal CMS website.
How much will it cost me?
– The average cost for the one-time fee website will be from $1500 – $5000 depending on the criteria we explained in this article.
– The average cost for the subscription fee model should be anywhere from $50 – $200 monthly, depending on your requirements. For a more accurate cost assessment, you can check the custom quote app provided by Kings of the Web as an example.