An FDA approved oral medication prescribed to treat Pain in interstitial cystitis and discomfort in the bladder. It is also known as Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium (PPS). In most cases, it is prescribed by doctors as they thought it develop a thin layer in the wall of the bladder which ultimately protects the bladder from harmful substances present in urine and irritation. Doctors prescribe this medication to both men and women suffering from IC. But, it is most common in women.
Usage of Elmiron:
Elmiron is used to treat the following
- Chronic bladder syndrome
- Inter cystitis discomfort and pain
Class of Elmiron:
Elmiron falls into the class of weak anti-coagulant and urinary analgesic
Demerits of Elmiron:
Although Elmiron provides various benefits but pharmaceuticals enlist a list of few side-effects that are caused by it. Let’s discuss them.
- Hair loss
- Blood in the stool
- Upset stomach
- Weight gain
Not only this, but according to an American ophthalmology report a few side-effects are also noted by them.
- Loss of vision
- Toxicity of dug
- Problem in reading and focus of vision
- Retinal damage
- Difficulty in adjusting to dim and dark light
Qualification of Elmiron lawsuit:
After seeing various reports that are submitted by patients regarding the side effects of Elmiron then, United States attorneys started accepting Elmiron Lawsuits. But some conditions need to be fulfilled before filing any lawsuit.
- In case, Elmiron is prescribed to you for the last two years and you developed symptoms of maculopathy or vision problem. If prior conditions happened while taking Elmiron then, you can easily file the Elmiron lawsuit.
- In Elmiron Lawsuit conditions following injuries are included i.e. reduced night-time and vision of dark-light, retinopathy, maculopathy, bilateral blindness, vision impairment loss, and macular dystrophy.
In case of any of the above injuries, consult the nearby Elmiron vision loss lawyer for discussing legal options and other related issues.
Filing of an Elmiron lawsuit:
As I discussed above the adverse side-effects of Elmiron including vision problems so, if an individual suffers from any of the above then, he/she is eligible for an Elmiron lawsuit. Elmiron lawyer will help you in seeking the following damages:
- Medical treatment expenses
- Physical and mental pain and suffering that occur through impaired vision, incapability to gain vision and its treatment.
- Loss of income
- Due to the loss of vision and disease an individual lacks life enjoyment.
To mitigate injury you should put your all efforts. Mitigate injury includes seeking medical attention, discuss substitute medication from your doctor if you are still taking Elmiron, and properly follow the instruction and orders of the doctor.
The first and foremost step in filing the Elmiron lawsuit is to familiarize yourself with a civil lawsuit
Hire a personal injury lawyer
Your hired lawyer will gather evidence that will support the Elmiron lawsuit claims
Your injury lawyer will also work on gaining compensation for losses.
In the short run, choose the personal injury lawyer wisely.