The automation industry is expanding manifold! It is using the latest technologies to come up with revolutionary products and devices. Complex production systems are getting automated today. And the components can grasp and transmit data about the production process. Proximity sensors are one of the fundamental data acquisition automation devices that cater to all the needs by offering data in the form of individual process controllers to variables. It can calculate the variables like pressure, force, temperature, length, and also detect the object proximity despite any physical contact. They are also available in multiple types and have unique features and benefits.
The wireless proximity sensor
Wireless automation devices are a complete game changer! The monitoring of objects, gears, and machines is done through the Internet of Things (IoT) that also comprises of the wireless proximity sensors. It gets used in the automation industry from different machine tools to robotics. It gets used in assessing instruments as well as assembly lines, varying between the chemical industry, food sector, wood and paper processing. Today, various brands specialize in wireless proximity sensors. To know more about this, you can get in touch with Radio Bridge.
Wireless proximity sensors and the industrial sector
This device has many uses in the industrial sector. Simply put, the sensors are:
- Inductive – Help in detecting metal objects.
- Magnetic – Helps to collect essential data concerning the hostile environment and platforms. Usually, the magnetic sensors work better when inductive sensors fail to perform in data collection.
- Optical – They help to identify an object and place it well.
- Capacitive – It helps to denote the level and also fill in the space available in the containers, beneath coverings. It also gets used for tracking the non-metallic objects as well. ‘
- Ultrasonic – It gets used extensively in automotive, for instance parking sensors.
There are several advantages of wireless proximity sensors. Used in combination with the IoT (Internet of Things) the benefits are as follows:
- It provided real-time and precise monitoring of all the objects that might critically affect the industrial procedures.
- Detecting faults in a device very early on so that bigger damages or repair costs can be averted
- Helps to save time, energy and resources
- It provides ample security to the worker because of the wireless detection capacity. And this, in turn, helps to avert any machine contact
- It is competitive and highly effective.
- It provides easy and hassle-free data access. It is because of the wireless transmission that takes place through the Smartphone’s, tablet devices and personal computers
- It helps to understand big data for knowing more on business strategies for increasing profits and optimizing expenses.
Some of the industrial applications of wireless proximity sensors are:
- Tool monitoring
- Positioning containers and objects
- Material detection
- Counting pieces
- Determining movement direction
- Velocity measurements
- Object detection
- Machine security
- Gear checking
- Metal object detection
- Obstacle detection
There are various other industrial applications for wireless proximity sensors. It is essential to ensure that you are sourcing the device from an expert service provider so that you don’t compromise on the device cost and quality.